Tuesday, June 23, 2009

mailman sabotaged me


I have decided that I have to stay off of eBay as I am becoming a compulsive chart buyer. After my last post I was determined to finish at least one WIP but then one of my new purchases arrived in the mail and I couldn't resist starting it...in fact I did not work on anything else this past week. Here it is... This will be a present for my friend's daughter's first birthday.






This is what I have been working on the past few afternoons. I decided that I needed a new place to put my overflow stash so I found an unfinished crate with drawers at Michael's, stained it a dark walnut and painted the insides of the drawers and stenciled a few stars on it. This is how it turned out.




Since I have no more stitchy stuff to share, some pics of my overgrown garden...

















By the way, I really appreciate everyone's comments on this blog and on the group. Hope you all have a good week!

9 comments:

htimcj said...

I love your Mocking bird piece. That is one of my DD favorite songs. I love your other stitching projects and way to go on the big pumpkin. We planted some here in Idaho too but they are just getting started.
Heidi-ILCS

Terry said...

Love what you did with the crate and your stitching is lovely. Pumpkin is coming along nicely. Looks big!

Anne Sans Tete said...

love the mockingbird! i wouldn't be able to resist it either ;)

Carissa said...

My daughter used to love the Hush Little Baby song. And what a great idea for storing your stash!

Linda said...

Hi, welcome to blogging....what a sweet stitch it would capture me too.
I love your Moonlit Garden...B.B. designs are some of my favorites. I stitched it last year and really enjoyed it too. Have a great day...hugs, Linda

ps.s...I'm in California too....

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I just found your blog and love your finishes! I also love BBD and La D Da designs. I have the Mockingbird in my stash, just haven't gotten to it yet. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Nancy M said...

You did all that in a week? Wow, great stitching! The storage unit looks fantastic as well.

Annemarie said...

My goodness, woman, where have you been hiding? Your work is gorgeous, and so, if I may say so, is your pumpkin!!! I helped my pumpkin flowers out in the procreation department ony yesterday, because I couldn't detect any bees in the neighbourhood :o)

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. My kitten is a Devon Rex, by the way :o)

staci said...

Welcome to blogging!!! I love your Mockingbird finish, so wonderful!

Looking forward to many more posts from you. Now off to add you to my reader :)