Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I am terrible at this

Well, it has been more than a few days and I don't have much to show, but I will try to post more often.
This is one of my current projects, a granny square throw that I am making to use up some of my accumulated yarn.  Who knew yarn could pile up so quickly?  I have been crocheting for less than a year and I already have bags of the stuff sitting around the house, to the delight of the kitten.  She is under the blanket, by the way, which is one reason why the picture is...not good.

This is the kitten herself, Poe.  We adopted her at about 8 weeks of age and she is now almost 9 months, so she has been here for a while.  Can't tell from her not-so-great photo but she is a Siamese mix and quite the character.

Doing some actual stitching now so hopefully will be able to show off a completed project soon. :)

5 comments:

Fiona said...

These throws are very handy to have around. I have several that my Mum crocheted a lot of years ago using yarn left over from the sweaters etc that she knitted for my children.

Margaret said...

Such a pretty throw you're making! Love your kitten! So cute!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Great use of your yarn! Your throw will be comfy and pretty! Sweet kitty, too!

Catherine said...

Love the colors in your throw! Aawww....what a cute kitten! I had a Siamese mix once ~ loved her, but she was sneaky!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :)