Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Over already?!, another exchange and another leg on the journey

I am trying not to slip into post-Halloween depression...another 364 days to wait!  Oh well.  It's not like I will stop stitching Halloween.  Speaking of which, we exchangers in the Stitched with Love Fall into Halloween exchange got word that we could post our goodies on our blogs, so...
here is what I received from Christina..the adorable pin pillow is Halloween Pin Garden by Raise the Roof Designs, and she also sent a Halloween banner (which is still in DD's room and probably will be for quite a while), floss, beads, Steweb scissors (which I had coveted forever), the new BBD Halloween chart, spiderweb napkins and Halloween address labels.  To say the least, a great package, thank you again Christina!

This is what I sent to my partner Heather--the pattern is Babs and Boo by Fresher Threads (I think) from the JCS Halloween book, but instead of stitching the little ghost I substituted a pumpkin button.  I included the Lizzie Kate chart, pumpkin candle mat and stuffed pumpkin, mini holiday cookie cutters and recipe cards and a little DMC magnetized needle case. Hopefully Heather likes everything!  
For those LOTR fans who were following my somewhat leisurely walk, I have finally made it the 458 miles from Hobbiton to Rivendell.  I started out strong on this challenge and did pretty well during summer, but once the kids started school...oh well.  I am now off on the next leg of the journey from Rivendell to Lothlorien, 462 miles.   I am hoping to finish by June 1 next year  but we'll see how that goes :0

By the way, I have made it through this holiday once again without getting a good scare..I don't know if it's because I'm jaded or because real life is so much more horrific than anything an author or screenwriter can come up with, but in any event, I am in search of good scary (suspenseful, not gory) movies or books to get me through my Halloween withdrawal.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Have you read The Ghost Writer by John Harwood? FANTASTIC book. Scary, suspenseful. Wonderful.

Mindi said...

Wonderful exchanges, and I love the Halloween Pin Garden pillow you stitched. Great job on meeting your walking goal!

Catherine said...

Great job on the walking!!
The exchange goodies are great! Both given and received!
I usually leave my Halloween stuff up for a day or two longer.

valerie said...

Great exchanges! I love both of them! I think I may need to find the pattern for the one Christina stitched up for you...

Tatkis said...

Beautiful and cool exchange! Both stitching are very cute, and gifts too!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Kate said...

Great exchanges.
Keep walking.

Nancy M said...

Great exchanges you received and gave! I have watched the first episode of American Horror Story on FX and it's pretty creepy. I have every episode DVR'd but you could probably find it on Hulu if you want to start watching it.

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful exchange - both.

I agree, it's been awhile since I've seen something that gave me a good spook.