Saturday, October 2, 2010

death by UFO

Happy October everyone (greatest month of the year in my humble opinion)! I still have not much to show but in between stitching for various exchanges I have been working on some very old UFOs, Frederick here being one...I just loved this pattern and had to have it the moment it was released, but I fizzled on the border...and I have moments when I'm not sure about the fabric either. I was considering framing & donating it to the kiddies' school for the annual fundraising auction which is coming up soon, assuming I can motivate myself to put in the last few stitches, but wanted to get some opinions--finish, or use as bedding for DD's new mouse?

Same thing for this one--Blueberry Hill, one of my oldest UFOs--so old it's done on aida (yuk). I gave the school a few other Linda Myers pieces in the past and they sold. Worthwhile to finish or should I not bother? I do have the option of fulfilling my obligations by writing the school a check in lieu of donating anything, thank goodness : )
I have some exchanges in the mail so hopefully I'll have more to show next time.

15 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I'd say you could have them done by the end of the year! Go for it :o)

Margaret said...

Gosh, I think they're both pretty! You sure you don't want to finish them both and keep them for yourself? I hear you on the aida part, but still. You've put a lot of work into both pieces.

Nancy said...

Ditto to the other two comments...lots of time invested in both, go for the finish!

Also, received the giveaway items...love them all, especially the CHS Falls Gifts...thank you so much!

Cath said...

Finish , finish , finish . Even if you don't like them when you're done , someone will. Or , put them up for someone else to finish and keep if you really don't want to face doing them . It would be a terrible waste to just throw them away .

Scooty said...

Finish them! Both are very lovely. Frederick matted with a dark color will be beautiful!

Cath said...

Keep thinking about these lovely pieces ,so if you want to trade them for some fabric or something , let me know . X

valerie said...

No to the mouse bedding option! They look great. I can understand the frustration though. Maybe if you just do a length of floss each day on each and then you can donate to charity for a worthwhile cause if you don't want them in the house...

Lainey said...

Oh no don;t put Frederick in the mouses bed its such a beautiful piece and the aida one is lovely too. A few stitches a day will keep the stitching police away..lol!
I would finish and donate them.

Vanessa said...

Finish Frederick in particular, I think it looks beautiful. I have done the same picture along with his counterpart Frederika and they are both lovely. You will be glad you finished.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh gravy...I wouldn't give them away, I think they are both gorgeous and you should finish them and hang them on your walls!

MaryT said...

They're both nice pieces but if you don't have your heart in them to finish them donate both to goodwill with the charts and the floss. At least that is what I would do.
Mary Louise

AmyJo said...

I would just bite the bullet and finish them, they are both so pretty!!

Blu said...

NO! to the mouse bedding! How could you???
Definitely finish! You can do it. Go Go Go!

Berit said...

Your Fred-Bird is gorgeous, and the other is pretty, too, but IDK if I can encourage you to pick up an aida project; life is too short! ~

Angie said...

Love Feredrick. I personally don't like aida though, but the chart is cute so that is a toss up.