Thursday, September 3, 2009

back from vacation and I need a stash diet

Well we are back from Amish country where it was green, cool, crisp, autumnal and generally very lovely, and arrived in California to 100+ degree heat and wildfires. Woohoo!

We saw lots of farms and barns in various states of repair, covered bridges many beautiful old stone and brick houses....

tons and tons of corn...

and even some of these...



O.K, the tiger was in the Philadelphia zoo, not roaming the countryside.

But one of the best parts of the trip (for me, not so much for the kids) was discovering a truly fantastic stitch shop and blowing my budget there--Stitch N'Stuff in Reading (http://www.stitchnstuffpa.com/). Tons of charts, fabric, floss of all kinds, gorgeous models on the walls. I said goodbye to my self-control and bought..




Of course I had to start some Halloween stuff. I finished a few smalls, including one which I made using some of the Carrie's floss received in the recent exchange,






and started some others.






.


Now I am overwhelmed with projects (like I wasn't beforehand). Of course, since I got back home, my stitching time is virtually nonexistent. I am going to try to plow through the majority of these projects-and revisit my neglected WIP's-before I spend again. If I forget, please reach through the computer and slap me!




I leave you with a picture of this handsome guy who is 10 years old today. Love you Gabriel!


Happy Stitching until next time.

10 comments:

Rene la Frog said...

Lovely pictures of Amish country. Great stitching.

Jennifer said...

I would love to visit Amish country one day......it's so serene!

Great stash haul! What types of fabric did you pick up?

Jan said...

I love Amish country....there is lots of amish settlements in Indiana, I am wondering where you visited? I used to live just down the road from a covered bridge, and it was a daily trip to get home to cross it. I miss that bridge.

Looks like you got some major stash haul and I love your finishes and wips, they are look fabulous. Glad I found your blog! (^-^)

Gabi said...

Lovely vacation pictures. And great new stash. Your finish looks great, so do your Wips. Love your new fabric

Linda said...

The pictures from your trip are wonderful.....what beautiful country.

Love all your stitching goodies, I see lots of ejoyable stitching in your future. Pumpkin,by FC looks great and I love the BB WIP...hugs, Linda

Carol said...

Used to live near an Amish area. Love the pictures.

Hope Gabriel had a wonderful birthday with lots of the kind of goodies that he likes :)

Like the rose project. Is it finished or is that a section for a larger piece?

Stay safe from the flaming infernos.

Carolyn NC said...

Now that looks like fun - Amish country and a great LNS to boot! Love your stitching and finishes. Your pic of your DS is great! Happy Birthday to him. :)

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Ohhhhh, Amish country, a one day future trip for us maybe. I bet they do have some beautiful stitching shops there too.
I love your stash, your fabrics you chose!

Jennifer D
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/

Cindy's Stitching said...

You are so funny. No one can pass up a stitching shop if you are a stitcher. You did the right thing, I know I would have bought also.

Nancy M said...

Looks like a relaxing vacation, and a LNS to boot? Who could ask for more? Nice projects you have finished and looks like more great stash to keep you busy.